1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General amoled vs tft viewing angle??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by redhawkuk, Jul 17, 2011.

1. redhawkuk

redhawkuk Lurker
    None

Jul 8, 2011
    UK
    I've been considering a ZTE Blade aka SF Orange handset but I've heard rumours they're no longer shipped with amoled screens anymore. :(

Is this true, has anyone recently purchased a handset from the Orange shop or Argos that was certified amoled??

Also can you tell which screen types are shipped from the markings on the box??

As I understand the image quality between the two are pretty similar although amoled use less power, show blacks better and burn out faster.

If my handset does come with tft what is the viewing angle like, is it similar to amoled or as shockingly bad like the ZTE Racer??

Richard S.

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Never compared it to the OLED variant, but there's nothing wrong with the TFT screen.

I've a Desire HD, my Mrs has the OSF and the resolution on both is the same. As her screen is smaller videos and pics look a lot crisper on her screen than on mine. Viewing angle isn't really a problem either.

You'd be hard pressed to get a OLED now, unless you wanted to go on eBay. Even then, I think they're quite expensive.

3. Vorbis

Vorbis Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    Male
    UK
    I was a little disappointed when I read I'd missed the boat with the OLED San Francisco's. One I got my TFT handset home and powered it up I had no regrets about my purchase though. The screen is fantastic for such a cheap handset.

Viewing angles are fine. I lay down in bed and rest it on my chest horizontally whilst browsing these forums and it's as clear and sharp as I could want for.

Definately my favourite toy at the moment. :D

4. bigjohnny

bigjohnny Newbie
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    I recently bought an orange san francisco from Argos and it has an OLED screen as it ticked all the boxes for the plus and (negative) points of OLED v TFT and when I have the brightness up full the clarity of the screen is superb and the viewing angles are great

Tags: