• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AmonRAs 1.6.2 recovery - can't flash for the life of me

panchnik

Lurker
Apr 29, 2010
Hi all

I have a HTC Hero, rooted to VillainRom 6.1.0.

I am trying to flash to AmonRAs recovery image 1.6.2. I'm currently on RA-Hero-v1.2.2.

For the past 2 hours I've been following instructions to the letter, battling to get this new version 1.6.2 flashed on my phone! Without any luck.

I've used FlashRec (old and new version) - it doesn't let me back-up a recovery image, nor does it let me flash a new one when using /sdcard/recovery-RA-hero-v1.6.2.img command. I just get Could not run command

I've also used Terminal Emulator and Better Terminal Emulator, again double checking that the img is on my sdcard. I followed the command lines as described in numerous forum threads. All I get is flash_image not found

It's getting really frustrating now! Please could someone shed some light on this.

Thanks

Hello,

I had this problem. From what I remember I downloaded Droid explorer to my pc.

I put the new recovery image to the root of my SD card.

Plug your phone into your pc. Make sure usb debugging is enabled.

There is a button in droid explorer that says install new recovery image or something similar.

Browse to your sd card click on the recovery image file.

Follow the instructions, your phone should reboot and voila new recovery image.

Sorry its not more precise. This is the only way I could get it to work.

Reactions: panchnik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones