1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

An android game with console graphics, 16 x anti-aliasing, and more

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Velvet Void, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Velvet Void

Velvet Void Lurker
    None

Yes, it IS possible, as shown by:

In the game, you explore a 3D maze in first person, trying to survive and collect treasure as long as possible while avoiding the enemies and deadly traps in the dungeon.

Featuring:
    -Incredible next generation console-like graphics with:
    ...>16 x Anti-Aliasing
    ...>Realistic Ray Traced Shadows
    ...>Lighting Effects
    ...>Highly detailed 3D models and textures
    ...>Particle Effects
    -Action-packed exploration gameplay!
    -Tablet Support!
    -One/no permissions! (only licensing on the full version; no scary permissions!:) )

At the moment there might be some lag with lower end phones, however we are working on this issue. We have also confirmed that both the HTC Incredible & Droid 2 run the game fine.

This is the first game being released, so we're extremely excited.:D If you like the game, please rate it and comment, and if you have any feedback, please post it below.

We hope you enjoy our first game,
    Velvet Void Games

(URL: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.velvetvoid.dungeonsneak.free&feature=search_result)

Advertisement

2. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 31, 2009
    Technically it looks great, gameplay wise the genre isn't my personal cup of tea, but i'll sure try it out this evening when im home anyway.

Small bit of constructive criticism - after putting so much effort into the game's graphics, you really should have put more thought into the name.

"Dungeon Sneak" to me conjurs up a game like "ball hit", "car jump", or "glass break" - i.e. poor games slapped together that are repetitive junk developed by a dodgy non-english speaking malware developer!!

Even if your game was called something like "Haunted Dungeon", it makes it seem more legit. But that's just me being pedantic to be honest - good luck anyway, hope it's successful for you:)

3. Shocky

Shocky On Probation
    None

Jun 20, 2010
    Could use some screenshots, but it looks interesting

But I've already got 16xMSAA in most of my games thanks to Chainfire 3D and Mali 400MP. :)

4. bishop92t

bishop92t Member
    None

Jul 27, 2010
    It's laggy on my galaxy tab 10.1 but it is playable and looks good

5. Velvet Void

Velvet Void Lurker
    None

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
    And yeah, I see what you mean about the game's name, SpottyElephant. Next time I'll try to come up with something better :D .

6. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 31, 2009
    More feedback: Runs in slow motion on my Asus Transformer I'm afraid. Also the first ghost just popped out of mid air infront of me and I was dead before I knew what to do! Think I was also hampered by lag though.

Good luck with it anywya :)

7. Velvet Void

Velvet Void Lurker
    None

It is disappointing to hear that is is lagging for you:(. We're working on making it less laggy for phones at the moment, so there should be an update in their near future which should make it run faster.

As for the enemies, the best way to survive is to try and stay as far away from them as possible, and if they get too close, then you hide behind the pillars until they've passed on.

Thanks for the feedback
    Velvet Void Games