1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support An android video editor with configurable src and dest folders?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by peterh337, Mar 22, 2016.

1. peterh337

peterh337 Android Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2015
    Male
    Is there such a product? I have emailed the various developers with products in the playstore and none of them seem to do this.

One of the developers replied that is sound a great idea but he hasn't implemented it yet [​IMG]

It is really essential for large video files because e.g. a clean S6 has only about 10GB space left, and a T705 has about 8GB so you have to use its external SD card for e.g. the rendered video.

This issue arose with the Sony video editor for the FDR-1000V action cam. The editor can source video from both internal storage and the SD card (though the paths are hard-coded, which is dumb) but it can export only to the internal storage (and in my case the hard-coded path fails for some reason).

I don't need fancy editing. For that I have Vegas on a PC at home. I just need to cut bits out, rotate 180 degrees, and maybe remove the sound track.

The output quality needs to be as high as possible; I am currently struggling with transcoding an ex-1000V 1080P 50FPS PS video with Handbrake; the Handbrake settings for max Q are nontrivial and no matter what I do the output is not as good as the camera.

There are numerous video editors for android but as I say they are inflexible on the file paths.

The other solution is to remap the default paths for the video files but that's more complicated.

My S6 is rooted.

Any pointers appreciated...

Advertisement