1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

An app for copying files from my networked PC?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by JimR123, Nov 22, 2009.

1. JimR123

JimR123 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    UK
    Hi,

I'd like to be able to copy files from a PC on my wireless network, to my SD card, without having to connect my phone (HTC Hero) to my laptop via a cable.

I've found Estrongs' ES File Explorer, but I can't manage to get the connection setup via the "add server" thing. No matter what settings I put in there, it just denies that the server exists. I've read the FAQs on their website, but I can't see anything to help.

Are there any other apps or ways that I can use to copy files from my PC wirelessly?

Advertisement

2. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    I use DropBox. While there is no client yet for Android, you can go to the web interface on the Android. Note that this works only for copying files *to* the Android. Once I've got it on the SD Card (in the downloads folder), I use Astro to move it where I want it.

jd

3. lekky

lekky Lover

They have just created an iphone app, and android is next on their list so hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

4. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Colorado, USA
    I installed an app called bluetooth file transfer and it worked great.... once. I can't seem to get it to work again since then and am not sure why Android doesn't just allow for pairing and transfers as a mass storage device. Seems to me Nokia has had this figured out for years now. You pair it and then in My Computer is a little icon of your phone next to your HDDs and USB storage devices. Click that and you can manage files just as if it were a HDD connected to the PC via USB or SATA.

5. estrongs

estrongs Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Sorry for poor help docs, We have updated it in new version.
    If you still have problems, send mail to contact [<AT>] estrongs.com