1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

An app that can show international incoming phone numbers on screen?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by android001, Feb 3, 2014.

1. android001

android001 Member
    None

Jun 18, 2011
    Hi, I am looking for an app that can show international phone numbers on screen for incoming calls. I have had some international incoming calls but they are just shown as "unknown." They are from different countries so I don't think it's just because the callers were all calling from information blocked phones. I am using a Comet from T-mobile and it's running on android. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hi

Well I use the stock phone app and international numbers always (unless hidden by the caller) show up in full. I suspect it is a "feature" of your carrier so I would contact T-Mobile about the problem.

Roger

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    If you're receiving international calls as "unknown", it's quite possible they were made using a VOIP service like Skype Out. In which case there is no originating phone number. I often get "unknown" when I receive Skype Out calls from the UK.

4. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    Phone numbers come up as "unknown" for many, legitimate reasons and how they are displayed on-screen is nothing to do with whether they're international in origin or not. That is unless , as someone has said, your carrier has something in place that does this.

But, at least here in the UK, a lot of businesses and even hospitals have their switchboard set to not show their number so it comes up as "unknown". A female relative had issues with a "stalker" (to keep a long story short!) so her landline number comes up as "unkown", arranged with her local provider. So, lots of reasons why the number is "unknown".

Dave