1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

An app that combines notes taking and calendar events

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by android001, Sep 2, 2016.

1. android001

android001 Member
    None

Jun 18, 2011
    Hi, I am looking for an app that I can use it to take notes, add events on calendar, have notifications at any time point and duration, and can be synchronized between my laptop and cell phone.

The first one I can think of is google calendar. But google calendar doesn't offer pop up windows (notifications for events) at any time point and any duration. For example, I want to set a note, "buy xxx." This note will show up at 10am on certain date, will keep showing up every two hours, until I close it. And it will repeat everyday (every week, every month, or every year), on the eleventh of each month (or the third Thursday of every month).

All the notes app or calendar app I found so far can't set up a specific time point, keep showing up at any time point or certain time period and repeat at any time point. Does anyone have recommendations?

Advertisement

2. glassmancheck

glassmancheck Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 19, 2012
    I believe Pimlical by Pimlicosoftware would do all you are wishing. I have been using it for years. It is a very feature rich app that can do most anything. Memos, tasks, contacts, calendar etc. Memos and contacts can be linked to appointments and tasks.

Syncing directly between phone and PC (no cloud) is one of the things I love the most (using their PC app).

Alarms can be snoozed until you turn them off. It looks like you can specify snooze periods. I don't use this feature a lot, but it seems like what you are looking for. Repeats are no problem, very flexible and powerful handling.

Be patient if you try these apps. They have so many features it takes time to get to know them.

Dan

#2 glassmancheck, Sep 4, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  3. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert

Jan 28, 2011
    Just an FYI:
    1) Google Calendar can notify you to "buy xxx" at a specific date/time.
    2) If you go into the settings of the calendar app on your phone, you can set the snooze duration to 2 hours (so that it reminds you every 2 hours until you cancel it) but that snooze duration is fixed for all of your calendar events.
    3) Google Calendar syncs between PCs, phones, Macs, etc. (You can even sync it with Microsoft Outlook if you use Gsyncit.)