1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

An app that stores web pages?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by grega, Aug 27, 2010.

1. grega

grega New Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Hello all, I'm new on here. I own a G2 Touch (i.e. Hero) with 2.1 installed. I have spent ages trying to find an app that lets me upload selected web pages in advance, so that I can read them at my leisure without needing an internet connection. This is mainly because I spend a lot of time using my phone on the underground when commuting to work, but would also be useful when I am flying.

I can't seem to find such a thing, is anyone aware of a such a thing. Ideally I want one which knows my page preferences in advance and synchronises without the need for manual input. There used to be a website called avantgo which did this (in a more cursory form) for pdas, but they disappeared a few years ago and I haven't tracked down an android equivalent.

Thanks in advance

Greg

Advertisement

2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    Private Security
    Seattle
    Download Dolphin Browser HD, then get the add-on screencut (both are free). It stores the entire webpage as a picture in your gallery so you can read it later. It only works with Dolphin Browser HD though.

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    Search for 'Save Webpage' on the Market as that is exactly what you are looking for.

4. grega

grega New Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Thanks, I'll try both out, that's very helpful

cheers

Greg