1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

An app to send keystroke to laptop via Wifi/Blutooth

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by anoopmail, Jan 3, 2012.

1. anoopmail

anoopmail Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    Hi guys,
    I'm trying develop an app to take pictures from my Canon Digital SLR Camera via wifi or bluetooth.

My idea is like this.
    1. Camera is connected to a laptop and I run a software(Canon already supplies such one with the camera). Pressing the key spacebar takes a picture from camera which is connected to laptop via USB cable. This is already setup, no need to develop.
    2. An app running on the mobile device sends preset keystroke to the laptop which in turn got to the software and so camera takes a picture.

I've done this before with my Sony Ericsson Java phone with Float's Mobile Agent framework. Just curios for you thoughts to know how complex it is with android.

Advertisement

2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 28, 2010
    Retired
    Virginia
    Interesting. I found this app that lets you send keystrokes to the computer, you would have to code the interface between the server and your camera software. Something that would send the spacebar keystroke from this apps server to the camera software.
    Gmote 2.0 – Use Your Android Phone As A Media Center Remote Control

Quote from above link: "the software also lets you use your mobile phone as a remote WiFi touchpad and keyboard"

Good luck.

3. anoopmail

anoopmail Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    This what I was exactly looking for. thanks a lot mate.