• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

An app which permanently switches off 3G and data?

OldHooky

Dec 25, 2009
Is there one which by default keeps them switched off when that option is selected? Currently the Milestone reactivates them when the phone is switched back on.

I'd find this useful so that when roaming internationally I can control when I download ie on Wifi only, and not rack on huge data bills!

Thanks

Menu -> Settings -> Wireless Controls

I'n on 1.5 so my options may not be the same as yours, I have a selection for "Mobile Network" which if unticked means the phone will NOT use the mobile network for data.

Within "Mobile Network Settings" I have an option to disable data roaming - the phone will not download data when on a roaming network if this is unticked.

I'd imagine that these options ought to do what you are asking for. I assume that they will "stick" on a power down/power up cycle.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones