• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help An Arrow symbol intrucively suggestions to "Start Drving"!?

Feb 16, 2016
So I have the MotoX, but it is not the one with Drive Assist, yet I get assist like things happening when I drive.
All a sudden I get a notification on top left corner of an arrow symbol pointing north, and if I click on it the map pops up.

WTFlop is this app or feature, and how can I turn it off?!!

thanks in advance.

I have the MotoX as a test phone as I massage my iPhone head into Droid, so I am looking at a LG G5 most likely. But we shall see. So far loving the fluid OS experience of Droid.

Cool, just did that. Still have the hand swipe which works, a good thing as I so far like that, and I like the dim night time notifications. This is a good phone, but I think that LGG5 looks super slick, and might be switching as soon as its available.
Otherwise a Not4 ...but I hear Samsung has lots of bloatware. I know Sony did. I got rid of that crap phone for a number of good reasons.

Upvote 0
Ahhh, Ya, its the newer MotoX, I don't think Pure, but the new one.
I've heard some software setback for Versizon and Sprint phones. Versizon has great coverage in most areas, but they have always been singled out on the hardware/nonGSM platform. But I thought that was on the way to change?

Its not mine, I'm borrowing it for now.

There are some things you can learn and adapt to on a phone, and others that should just fit, and work without much thought, which brings me to a couple issues with this MotoX...

So far I don't understand lazy designers that place a power key right next to volume rocker keys. Ther eis no tactile feel, texture or shape to know the difference, specially under a thin skin case. This is a mistake by more than just MotoX here.
Form follows FUNCTION!

Another weird thing I have to pay attention to is the orientation of the device...Now I have to look for the black sensors/dots that tell me, this is the up position of the phone! There should be a more direct and very instantaneous characteristic that tells the brain whats what.

These are foundational design flaws, and hard to "get over", and this is what fails on this device, while many other things are so great! Great screen, snappy as ever OS, nice features, and it just works!(No its not an iPhone!).

So, I really hope I get to have the next cell being an Android device, AND being smartly designed.

Maybe the next Android OS should be called Chocolate!?

By the way, I certainly don't want to buy a phone that I would need to upgrade very soon after. I tend to keep my cells a long time....Like my cars. I enjoy good design, and prefer to sport it as much as possible, vs chasing the next "best thing".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Navigon is a leader in this.
Too bad I paid about $40 for the iOS version. But it supports faster routes of car-pool lanes and has great features.

I don't install software that wants access to areas of the phone it has no business with. So often Free apps get sidelined. Although I hear update ransoms are becoming a real problem on Android.

If it needs something it can ask for it later for me to allow or deny...like sharing my route or something. Its bad enough Google has all access.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones