• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

An article I happened across about iPhone/Android comparison

The article is a joke, in his first point he says that what PC World said about not being able to use the iPhone as a broadband modem is false. "You can use it anywhere in the world but here in the United States." Well PC World is published in the United States. It is designed for readers here in the U.S.! So what they said is true, you CAN"T use the iPhone as a modem.

I haven't even gotten to the rest of the crap yet! LOL

Upvote 0
Reactions: Musky
Upvote 0
Here it is...

Jake said 1:43AM on 5-24-2010

Wow, how bout you take your tongue out of steve jobs a-hole?? Heres a little recap(one with some truth) to the "points" you made...

1. You actually said it in your 2nd sentence "Yes, it's true that you can't tether in the US". Way to make your point!

2. "I can do essentially the same thing with my iPhone right now via internet tethering (again, this isn't possible in the US without workarounds"
Another strong argument!

3. "First off, according to OUR OWN INFORMAL POLLING, a plurality of iPhone OS users consider the lack of Flash support a feature rather than a hindrance. 27% of people we polled said they were outright glad the iPad doesn't have Flash support"
From the sound of that, apple users(fanboi's) must not know what flash does, which doesn't really surprise me(it doesn't exist if stevie doesn't support it!)

4. "Maybe I'm not as demanding or discerning as the average Android user, but nevertheless, I've got nearly a hundred apps on my iPhone that enable it to do almost anything I can think of."
For one, I've never heard of someone bricking their device because of downloading a bum app from the market. Two, saying you have 100 iphone apps doesn't mean a whole lot, considering 90% of them are more worthless that the selection coming from palm or WM.

5. "I guess they've been asleep for the past month, because multitasking is one of the main features of iPhone OS 4.0, very likely due for public release sometime within the next few weeks."
Answer me one question and I'll drop this one, Can you multitask today? NO!! And you don't even know when the new os will be out, except that it's very likely due soon.

6. "Normal people don't buy into platforms based on what they can eventually do."
Hahaha, kind of like stevie promising you fandoi's multitasking for a couple years now, and I don't even need to compare the browsers, because it's not even close.

7. " It gives more carrier choice"
ITS AN OPEN NETWORK!! How you could even try to argue this just proves what a black turtle neck wearing, starbucks drinking, fanboi douche you really are. Welcome to the beginning of the end.

Wow, that was fun, from the looks of it, I can do your job better than you can. You American hating douche.

Reactions: Musky
Upvote 0
LOL this article is a joke. Especially at the "multitasking" video, that's terrible video to show the multitasking capability. He's opening word pad and switching between it and settings. Let us see how it would fair by opening a multiple programs.

I know that's what really got me too! That was ridiculous all he was doing was switching between non memory intensive programs and claimed it was multitasking.

Upvote 0
Isn't the new iPhone OS' multitasking more akin to an app switcher than true backgrounding?

It definitely looks like it's more of an app switcher. It freezes the other app when you aren't using it. I don't exactly understand how that works though. Pandora wouldn't be frozen if you decided to go on the Twitter app, right?

Upvote 0
I try to use the link at the bottom of their page to see the rest of the comments about the article, but all it does is take me deeper into fanboy territory. It just links to more apple hype.

Has anyone else been able to see more then the first page of comments? I think that's why I never saw Jake's. The links at the bottom don't show more comments:

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 20 Comments

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones