• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
How about an Annual Android Convention. It will be in Vegas before each official OTA update and everyone that attends will be able to update there before the OTA. Once updated and getting used to the new "snack", The conference will be held on day two where, Andy explains all the new features and we get to experience it on our phone as well while he directs us! I think that would be cool as ice!

Reactions: Drew95376
Upvote 0
I think just an Android convention would be great for companies to show off Android phones and people to show off custom roms and apps they are developing. Something more focused on what the community.

I actually thought about this a lot and wondered if we could rent out a convention center and have some different companies involved in Android sponsor it.

Upvote 0
I think just an Android convention would be great for companies to show off Android phones and people to show off custom roms and apps they are developing. Something more focused on what the community.

I actually thought about this a lot and wondered if we could rent out a convention center and have some different companies involved in Android sponsor it.

Kind of like the annual Apple WWDC... imagine holding it at Moscone in San Francisco.. Steve Jobs would be grinding his teeth to nothing :p Not a bad idea... not at all... might even help cure some of these fragmentation problems with the Android world!

But yeah, Evo meet.. yeah...

Upvote 0
Kind of like the annual Apple WWDC... imagine holding it at Moscone in San Francisco.. Steve Jobs would be grinding his teeth to nothing :p Not a bad idea... not at all... might even help cure some of these fragmentation problems with the Android world!

Are you sure about that? We have constant squabbling over whether the Evo or the Epic is the better phone. Wait till we bring in the Verizon Droids into the picture. An Android convention will be all about "my daddy can beat up your daddy."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones