1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

!! An EXTREMELY IMPORTANT Note to EVERYONE!! - Market Comments to Developers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scudder, Sep 23, 2011.

1. scudder

scudder Android Expert

Hello all...

After reading this please, repost this, thank it, star it, bookmark it, sticky it, move it where more appropriate...do anything...send it around the world!! Sad, SAD pattern I am seeing lately and it will affect ALL OF US eventually!!

I was over in another thread about Mik ROMs and a "native screenshot app" discussion. I posted a reply and mentioned that I use an app called "ShootMe" for my screenshots. I went looking for a link in the Market to help people out but couldn't find the app anymore...

What I DID find, however, was a reason why the app was no longer in the Market a very, VERY sad reason as explained here:

ShootMe (Screen Grabber) – the most popular screenshot utility gone from Android Market Android Phones, Android Tablets, News, Tech, Gadgets And More, Thedroidguy

Apparently the developer has pulled this and his other apps to "reassess the value" of spending his time creating free....free apps for people!!

Apparently, this developer has been the recipient of what I have seen a BUNCH of lately in various Market reviews....stupid, uncaring and just plain DUMB comments and ratings. IGNORANT, moronic things like a 1-star review stating something like "This is dumb...it's already included on Phone XYZ update" or or a 1-star review "Why can't you get it to work on MY phone already!!??"

I'm telling ya people...crap like this is gonna be the downfall of development and creativity with our phones!!! People bashing developers working on free....FREE APPS!!!??

Now I can understand a user's frustration, perhaps, with a developers unresponsiveness or disappointment in no longer supporting an app. However, even in those circumstances you have NO IDEA what personal issues might come into play (especially...I'll say it again...with FREE apps!!). But to be totally insensitive, discourteous, uncaring, thankless and frankly truly, TRULY IGNORANT is just so, so sad and just plain DUMB. Even with the anonymity of the internet and a review posted with some cryptic ID that can't really get traced back to the person who posted it, I can't help but shake my head and feel SUCH RESENTMENT toward people who post such ignorant things and comment to developers who simply choose to share their hard work and interests with the rest of us in putting out apps for us to use.

Open Source is such a wonderful LUXURY of freedom and sharing...allow developers to dig deep within our phones and the apps and come up with some wonderful things. I shake my head in sadness and disbelief of the discourtesy, thanklessness and lack of appreciation that some people have in this world...

Somehow, after a little over a year I have achieved "Senior Member" status here in the forums. I help where and when I can but 80% of the time I'm reading and asking questions...followed up with follow up questions...and I'm SURE questions that have already been asked and answered, more than once!!:D And although I am somehow "Senior" here I AM NOTHING compared to and without all the other forum contributors and developers here who are WORLDS above me in knowledge, courtesy and willingness to HELP everyone and anyone who comes simply asking with the right attitude.

So, I IMPLORE all of you reading this: do WHATEVER YOU CAN to support all the developers who work on our phones and those around here to give HOURS of their time HELPING people!!...be it a donation, a payment for an app or just a simple email or hit of the "Thanks" button!! Do WHATEVER YOU CAN to foster a more tolerant, HELPFUL and THANKFUL community...for all of us!! THANKS!!:D

Advertisement

2. sha4000

sha4000 Well-Known Member

This is so true +111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

scudder and argedion like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

well said. i totally agree with you 1000%. that is why i always buy the paid app vs the free one. sure, i will try the free version just to check it out, and if i like the app i buy it. these devs work hard and for some this is not there full time gig. i would even buy these roms that the devs are putting out. there should be a marketplace for all of the roms out there. and you could just download and install like an app. i guess that might take all of the fun out of flashing and since i'm a flashoholic that could be an issue.

argedion likes this.
  4. Lyvewire

Lyvewire Android Enthusiast

**co-signs what they both siad**

Glad I held on to that Shootme app...Its a good 1

scudder and Xtremedays like this.
  5. 3VOcrack

3VOcrack Well-Known Member

I agree!

But, thats why I use 4shared app (free app sharing ;o) no pay)

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

thats fine and all, but i think that it is still taking it away from the devs. these devs work hard and should get credit. as long as the price for their work is not excessive, i do not mind paying for it. after all it is their hard work that i'm paying for.

7. scudder

scudder Android Expert

Hey...thanks for the "pluses" :)...I'm glad you agree!

8. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert

If its a free app, then that's all well and good especially for some of the ones that are no longer available. If it is a paid app you are getting for free, then in my opinion it is wrong and stealing akin to Frostwire and such where you download free music and movies that you would normally have to pay for. They call it piracy I believe. Just my opinion. I will continue to pay for apps that I use and are not free in the market.

ocnbrze likes this.
Tags: