• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

An image browsing app?

Red_Avatar

Sep 13, 2010
Belgium
You'd something so basic as an app that lets you browse and view images would have lots of apps in the marketplace. But guess what: it seems no-one actually views images on their Droid. Either that, or they're happy with the very basic Gallery app.

I tried several so far: JustPictures is nice but it can't handle folders with more than a few dozen pictures which means storing holiday snaps on your phone is impossible without 2-3 minutes of "data crunching" every time you visit that folder. Never heard about caching, Justpictures?

I tried several comic reading apps because they often share a lot of the same features but none have decent thumbnail viewers.

So, does anyone know of an app that creates thumbnails of your stored images and lets you quickly browse through them?

JustPicture
But quickpic have a lot better gesture , and that is important for picture

I already mentioned I didn't want JustPicture - it's what I used before and it's worthless for watching more than 3 pics. A program that takes 2 minutes to "detect" a mere 100 pictures and still needs to load thumbnails after that time period ... I wanted to show a picture earlier today that I took a week or two ago, and I looked like a damn idiot waiting for the box "data crunching" to disappear.

Upvote 0
My app (Listables, in sig, free) has a basic gallery in it for allowing you to send image via email and Bluetooth.

It does does some of the databse lookup that causes slowdown but lets you interact with the images while you wait.

I'm curious how it stacts up with those "loading..." problems you describe. If you get a chance, and have the interest, I'd love the feedback.

cheers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones