1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General An interesting comparison between the S7 and HTC 10 cameras

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by AZgl1500, May 16, 2016.

1. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    http://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea.../galaxy-s7-vs-htc-10-camera-photos-comparison

this is a pretty slick review.
    Identical shots with each phone's camera, side by side, and you can move your mouse back and forth to see the full shot with either phone.

other than the cameras, the article declares that both phones are near equals in all other respects.

I came away from this review with the feeling that supports my opinion of my Samsung cameras in my S5 and Note 4. I have always felt like they do a "better job" than other phones that I have seen pictures of, in the same places, as I took similar shots.... for instance, one day a lot of us were in a church basement having lunch. the lighting was not terribly great, by the Note 4 did a better job in that light than a lot of other phones that were posted up on our forums.

Advertisement

El Presidente likes this.
  2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Actually a couple of those shots reveal the worst feature of the Samsung: over-sharpening. Not just the sheet of paper (those halos around the letters, which are artifacts of an over-aggressive sharpening algorithm, are shocking) but the wall photo just screams "over-processed" to my eyes. I don't know whether the Samsung camera app lets you dial this down, but if it doesn't it really needs to.

Of course reviews tend to just use default settings because they assume that most users will do that, but for anyone who cares about the camera it's surely important to know what can be adjusted to your own tastes, and so a comparison where the settings of both cameras have been adjusted would also have been useful.

3. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    I still much prefer the Samsung pictures to the HTC pictures.
    and yes, I have the S5 and Note 4 and you can change the camera's default settings.

have not seen the S7