1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

An interesting thing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JBentleyR, Feb 14, 2016.

1. JBentleyR

JBentleyR Android Enthusiast

Today, we were looking round a 16th Century National Trust building where I was taking the occasional picture, then turning off the phone until the next opportunity came along.
    At one point, I turned on the phone (camera was already selected) and noticed that the picture was just a series of 'stills' as I moved it around. Then, after a few seconds, the screen went black. Not being sure what was happening, I held down the 'off' button for a second or two, intending to re-boot the phone, but found that the camera came back on and continued to function correctly.
    It has been fine since.
    Any ideas what happened, or what could have caused this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

You might have accidentally selected 'panorama' and it was taking stills to stitch together.

3. JBentleyR

You have a good point, but I certainly don't remember seeing the 'panorama', and other options, buttons. All I remember doing is opening the case and pressing the 'on' button; I pushed nothing on the screen.

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

What version of Android are you running? There's a new power button double-tap in the latest version that activates the camera from a locked screen. It's easy to accidenatlly press an option ecpesially if the case gets in the way.

9h0s7 likes this.
  5. JBentleyR

Still on KitKat (through choice, I should add). It is just possible that I double-tapped the 'on' button, but I don't think I have that option. No, just tried it!

Thanks for your interest, though.

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews