• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

An iPhone User wants a Xperia X10 too

raziiq

Lurker
Apr 14, 2010
Hi there.

I am an iPhone 3G user and i m using iPhone for last 2 years, its a fantastic phone i must say. Now i wanna buy an Android Phone too. I am living in Japan and Xperia X10 is already out here. I have been researching about Xperia and learned a bit about it, though i have some of the queries.

1) Can i sync my Media, Calendars, Notes and contacts with my PC , just like i do with iPhone using iTunes? If Yes, what iTunes like Software i need on PC?

2) Can i update Xperia X10 firmware at any later stage? As i got to know that currently Xperia X10 has Android 1.6, so can i update to 2.1 when it is released and is that update Free??

Thanks in advance.

Hi former iPhone owner myself having come to the X10 from it

1. You can either sync with Google or Sony Ericsson over the air direct from phone. If you want to sync with outlook, google do a program for the PC that will do it

2. Sony Ericsson provide an update service program for PC though these can be done over the air. There is also the media go program which syncs music, videos and pictures like iTunes though the phone mounts the memory card to PC as a mass storage device so these could also be dragged and dropped in Windows

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones