• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root An odd thing happened with link2sd

I've been running link2sd for 2 weeks now & I love it! But an odd thing happened last night. First, I got a notification from the play store that there was an update for titanium backup, so I did it. When it was finished, I got a l2sd notification that linking had failed, and the error said something about the dalvik. Then when I tried to download a new app, it failed to link it as well. I then uninstalled it. I decided to try recreating the mount scripts, then you reboot after that...when it came back up I got a low on space notification. I re-linked the dalvik, and things started getting better, but it was as if I had suddenly lost several apps, including root uninstaller & titanium. I had to go into root browser & find them all, and restore them from there.

All is fixed now, but I don't have as much free internal space as I did before. Under storeage info, I show internal 98.04mb free (it was more like 110 or so), SD card (/mnt/sdcard) total: 12.92 gb, used: 2.91gb, free: 10.01gb
SD card 2nd part (/data/sdext2) total:1.78gb used: 653mb free:1.14gb

Ok, so am I dreaming, or does it seem like the "used" part of the main SD storage should not read as being higher than the total volume of what I used to make the 2nd partition? It's like there's something on that fat32 area that didn't used to be there.

I've cleaned up the 2nd partition & the dalvik on L2SD, and still can't seem to regain that space I had. So I go into root browser to see what I can see.

Here's what I've noticed: under data>sdext2 are all my app apks, a folder for dalvik-cache, data & lost + found.

Then, under data>app are all my app apks again, but some have duplicates. They are all labeled "com.whatever.whatever-1.apk" & "com.whatever.whatever-2.apk". The ones with duplicates are dated with one being 2 weeks ago, and the other yesterday. Should I remove these duplicates? If so, I'm going to assume to delete the ones that do not match the same apks as shown in data>sdext2.

This all just struck me as odd...any expert input would be appreciated!

I show internal 98.04mb free (it was more like 110 or so), SD card (/mnt/sdcard) total: 12.92 gb, used: 2.91gb, free: 10.01gb
SD card 2nd part (/data/sdext2) total:1.78gb used: 653mb free:1.14gb

Ok, so am I dreaming, or does it seem like the "used" part of the main SD storage should not read as being higher than the total volume of what I used to make the 2nd partition?
The first set of figures are for the /mnt/sdcard partition, they have nothing to do with the /data/sdext2 partition. It looks about normal for a 16GB card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones