1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root An odd thing happened with link2sd

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PoisonIvy, Dec 28, 2013.

1. PoisonIvy

PoisonIvy Newbie
    None

Sep 2, 2012
    Tennessee
    I've been running link2sd for 2 weeks now & I love it! But an odd thing happened last night. First, I got a notification from the play store that there was an update for titanium backup, so I did it. When it was finished, I got a l2sd notification that linking had failed, and the error said something about the dalvik. Then when I tried to download a new app, it failed to link it as well. I then uninstalled it. I decided to try recreating the mount scripts, then you reboot after that...when it came back up I got a low on space notification. I re-linked the dalvik, and things started getting better, but it was as if I had suddenly lost several apps, including root uninstaller & titanium. I had to go into root browser & find them all, and restore them from there.

All is fixed now, but I don't have as much free internal space as I did before. Under storeage info, I show internal 98.04mb free (it was more like 110 or so), SD card (/mnt/sdcard) total: 12.92 gb, used: 2.91gb, free: 10.01gb
    SD card 2nd part (/data/sdext2) total:1.78gb used: 653mb free:1.14gb

Ok, so am I dreaming, or does it seem like the "used" part of the main SD storage should not read as being higher than the total volume of what I used to make the 2nd partition? It's like there's something on that fat32 area that didn't used to be there.

I've cleaned up the 2nd partition & the dalvik on L2SD, and still can't seem to regain that space I had. So I go into root browser to see what I can see.

Here's what I've noticed: under data>sdext2 are all my app apks, a folder for dalvik-cache, data & lost + found.

Then, under data>app are all my app apks again, but some have duplicates. They are all labeled "com.whatever.whatever-1.apk" & "com.whatever.whatever-2.apk". The ones with duplicates are dated with one being 2 weeks ago, and the other yesterday. Should I remove these duplicates? If so, I'm going to assume to delete the ones that do not match the same apks as shown in data>sdext2.

This all just struck me as odd...any expert input would be appreciated!

Advertisement

2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    -2.apk means that the app was updated and your seeing the updated version of the app.
    No there should not be any duplicates. Delete the old app version (look at the date).

3. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    The first set of figures are for the /mnt/sdcard partition, they have nothing to do with the /data/sdext2 partition. It looks about normal for a 16GB card.

4. badblue1

badblue1 * TRUCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL *
    None

Nov 18, 2011
    Male
    truck driver
    ~ the "burgh" ~
    The update of titanium backup on 12-27-13, version. 6.1.5.0 was a bad update, it was updated again on 12-28-13, version 6.1.5.1 fixed the problem.

Just F.Y.I. :)

Tags: