1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Analogue TV on android phone

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by M4l0R4L, Feb 8, 2011.

1. M4l0R4L

M4l0R4L Lurker

Hi,
    I just bought one of those asian phones that really looks like a HTC desire and until now it seems like a really nice deal.
    One of this phone features is an integrated analogue tv antena, the problem is that I dont know how to try it...
    Do you have any ideias, any applications...?
    This phone as Android 2.2 OS and it works perfect...

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. What country are you in? As far as I know, there arent any country's still using analog broadcasts.

3. M4l0R4L

M4l0R4L Lurker

I'm from Portugal and we still have it, as a lot of european and asian countries.
    In spite of that, do you have an ideia of how to make it work?

4. Well it would need an app, and there arent any on the Market as far as I know. So unless one came pre-installed, I dont think there is a way to make it work. Are you sure its a TV antenna, and not a radio or cell antenna?

5. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Android Expert

That's an FM radio. The specs don't say anything about TV AFAIS.

6. Yea, the specs dont say anything about tv, but if you look at the 4th or 5th pic from the bottom, there is an app called Mobile TV. If it IS a tv tuner, i'm sure thats the app you would use.

7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

It's actually a Chinese phone, designed for use here in mainland China. It's got 2 SIMs and it shows the carrier 'CHINA MOBILE' on the screen.

The telescopic antenna may look analogue, but it's actually intended to receive China Mobile Multimedia Broadcasting (CMMB). It is of no use outside of China.