1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Analysing log files

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by tcat007, Nov 1, 2011.

1. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Texas
    I use "Android System Info", and there is a log section that lists recent system activity. Yellows are warnings, reds are errors...

Yellow:
    W/InputManagerService(114)
    Window already focused. ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal view ITnputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@45c14520

Red:
    E/NetworkManagementService
    Unexpected response code 600

E/ActivityThread(6819)
    Failed to find provider info for org.dayup.gtask.key

There are several of these. I'm trying to see if this is related to excess battery drain. I was get 1% loss in 12 hours (airplane mode), now I'm getting 5% loss in 8 hours (airplane mode), and only thing I can think is Gtasks in recently installed. Is there a "info" page somewhere that teaches about android logs? Be nice to know how to to "fix" system errors.

Advertisement

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    Not really. Those are logs written by the devs to help them when they are coding. It is highly unlikely anyone but the dev who wrote the message will understand what it means. Many are often left in by accident also.

If you can figure out the PID of the app (in your logs I would guess 6819) then you might get a general/vague sense of what's happening. But there is nothing you can do to fix it.

I'd bet gtasks is not checking to see if you have connectivity, but rather attempting to make a connection, failing, then retrying indefinitely. Probably just lazy programming on the gtasks dev's part, but I'm really just guessing wildly here.

It might be worth dropping the dev an email and describing the problem and especially give him the log info you think relevant (be sure to remove any personal info from the logs). If I were that dev and you sent me that info, you would be my favorite user ever, helping me fix the problem like that :D