1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General And It's goodbye from me.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Smokey_Barr, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Smokey_Barr

Smokey_Barr Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 22, 2010
    London
    So, after a little under 6 months of owning this appalling excuse for a phone, I've finally succumbed.

I had the whole charging issue last week which was the last straw, and although Orange were fantastic, and sent a new handset out the next day, I'm giving it to the old man. I

Advertisement

2. werthers

werthers Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 14, 2010
    Manchester UK
    Fly freeeee!
    I sold my old phone, I regret it now and that was a k850!

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    Sorry to hear! Feel free to stick around the forums though! :D

4. Smokey_Barr

Smokey_Barr Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 22, 2010
    London
    If teaching him how to use an Android phone is anything like teaching him how to use a PC, I'll be on here more than ever!

:D

5. wynney666

wynney666 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    PC Technician
    Sheffield, UK

6. werthers

None

Apr 14, 2010
    Manchester UK
    If it's not perfect then surely you can fault it?

To get it to a decent working state you have to void your warranty and install a custom rom. If you don't know what your doing this can be a right pain and even if you do it's still open to bricking your phone or at least causing hours of messing around and research (I know it has with me).

I thought the xperia was an ok phone but the sheer amount of issues I've had with it have done my head in. I'm no apple fan but my old flatmate had an iphone and it certainly isn't the worst out there.

7. DomtaR

DomtaR Newbie
    None

Nov 13, 2010
    I don't see how it can possibly be the worse phone ever, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I just want to say that I'm currently using the Xperia X10a (Rooted of course) and running on 1.6 Eminence Rom. I could not be more happier with such a great phone:
    Beautiful interface,
    Runs any programs smooth and fast (Thanks to Jit)
    Decent battery life (I don't know why the battery issue has been on the rise these days, but I listen to music on it, text like crazy, and at the end of the day before charge, I still have at least 10-15% battery life left)
    Etc. Etc.

I do agree that when I first got the Xperia, I thought it was such a shit phone for the price I paid. It was laggy, touch screen was non responsive most of the times (even with the most recent firmware updates), interface was very "blah". However after rooting it, all those problems went away, and opportunities of utilizing the phone to its max potential is still on the rise! So for new X10 owners, root your phone and play around with it! =)

8. werthers

None

Apr 14, 2010
    Manchester UK
    The thing is people looking for a new phone could just get a different android phone.
    Which is easier to change than SE with all the crap that comes on it and furthermore you won't be restricted to 2.2 which is only posible through a custom rom where the camera doesn't fully work.

You're lucky all your problems went away I've got Eminence and it's an improvement but I still have problems with it, I can't wait till my contract runs out.

9. madmurdoch

madmurdoch Member
    None

Oct 17, 2010
    Newcastle, UK

10. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    not sure what you mean by doesnt fully work, i have 2.2 and my camera and camcorder work fine.
    some apps dont work with the camera but this is down to the apps and not the camera

11. powerkiter

powerkiter Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    UK
    So they have got the 720HD recording and a better quality image from custom 2.2 rom?

If not then no the said functions do not fully work...

But lets be honest the phone is for want of a better word, 5hit!

The ONLY way to make it function better is to root it and pull loads of crap of it!

So not really that good is it?

12. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    i'm not sure what the level of recording is but it works.
    the pictures i found of good quality and cant fault them.
    but yes all functions work, even if the camera isnt recording hd, it still works therefore its functional.

as for the only way to make it better is by rooting and changing things, yes i would agree with this but i would say this is a software issue, mostly down to the carriers piling their own crap in there aswell as the crap SE add in. but does that make the phone shit? no, the phone itself is very well built and has great hardware.
    i would go as far as saying the phone itself is still one of the best out there..
    the beauty of android is you should be able to change the software to suit you, this is where SE failed, lousy updates and whatever else.
    there are always ways round this, and modifying your phone is what smartphones are really all about, you get the basemodel and tweak the phone to suit your needs.

13. huntleth

huntleth Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 26, 2010
    I really can't see why everyone thinks its a bad phone. THe majority of users seem to have a trouble free experience. The stock UI is pretty awful, i've got for the bluesparks ROM with the Arc launcher and it's absolutely brilliant now.

14. allambition

allambition Well-Known Member
    None

A bit of an extreme response but I can understand you are irritated with your phone like a new ex-girlfriend. But it can't be the worst phone ever, even the Blackberry Bold has its shortcomings (small screen, mediocre camera) . There is no perfect phones and sometimes you get a lemon, sorry to hear about your bad experience.

15. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    Aylmer, Quebec
    I have a Bold 9870 an this thing sucks. It runs BlackBerry OS 6.

I expect people to ditch their X10 for something that is actually better.

I'm still wondering who buys Blackberries, it was very advanced a couple years ago but now I think they're still in 2007.