• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

And just like that...power button fail

Hello Clementine.

Try the fix posted around the Verizon support forums for that issue:

Hold down simultaneously the Volume Down and Power buttons for 10 seconds for a cold reboot.

Other options include hard reset.. which I think you may have already tried. ;)

There is talk around other forums about this happening with a lot of D4s, but with a high percentage of them following an update. Have you received an OTA lately?

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0
Just an update, in case anyone else has this issue. The power button/volume down did work. The phone seems to be fine now, it turns on/off with no issue.

Of course, it only worked because I grabbed my files and activated my back-up phone! Had I not had a "plan B" it would not have been fixable and it would have shut off and not re-booted. That's just how things work for me sometimes.

Thanks for the solution Frisco!! Now I have a good back-up phone in the D4. As I said before, I'm liking the RAZR HD so am kinda glad I ran into this issue (now that I've got everything set up!).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones