• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

And Mitt Picks...

One again, Mitt Romney shows his utter lack of backbone and folds like an accordion to the Teabaggers. Pathetic. This guy is seriously an empty vessel. I wonder if he's really a robot sent by the Mormons to take over the world.

By the very fact you used the term "Teabaggers" shows your bias. Anybody that does not adhere to the left's agenda is discredited with conjecture and hyperbole.

The only thing I do not like is the "Tea Party" calling themselves that, since IMO it is lame to peg a name to yourself and a tad presumptuous. Being fiscally disciplined is noble, but establishing a name invites the asinine tags like "Teabaggers". Not to mention the extreme far right (religious zealots) might latch on to the group.

That said, I am a hypocrite, since I utterly despise anybody who thinks they (the elite in their own mind) are "better" than others and should tell me how to live (while they do the opposite). Not to mention give my money I worked hard for to people that make no effort to work, but are happy to get government handouts. For folks that genuinely need support and help to get by- cool, but not people that suck up to government just to get a handout and avoid actually contributing to the economy.

Added:

If "empty vessel" is the standard, we can have lots of fun with Obama and Biden.

Upvote 0
Think Mitt blew it here myself. With Ryan he's going to alienate the center right and totally p off the baby boomers.

I can't help but wonder is someone like Portman would have been a better pick - might have at least swayed voters on Ohio. In addition it would make it easier for Republicans still sitting on the fence to feel they have someone there that represents them. With a Romney/Ryan vehicle it feels like they are now directly going to ensure the 1%ers will be the real victors if they win.

Now, what I'd like to see is the Tea Party stand up for their convictions and separate from the GOP. Let's see how much the country is in favor of them then.

Upvote 0
I think it all depends on the flow and trend. The current trend has been a relatively heavy shift to the left. The aggregate of this ticket is a marginal correction of that trend, so should fit well.

As far as the one percent, if they suffer, so does a large chunk of the 99%. Too much correlation to the banks and investments, which drive the economy. Much to the chagrin of the Obama camp.

Upvote 0
Let's get on record exactly what a nutter Paul Ryan is:

Paul Ryan: Obamacare needs to be repealed because rights come from 'God' | Examiner.com

Paul Ryan Sponsored Fetal Personhood Bill, Opposes Family Planning Funds | The Huffington Post

How the Paul Ryan plan gives to the rich and destroys America | Examiner.com

upuSY.jpg

Upvote 0
Just wondering how the same people who ridiculed John Kerry as a "flip-flopper" can rationalize supporting Mitt Romney, who has never held a core conviction that couldn't be changed in the search for votes.

And right wingers, please give up the crutch of whining about the "liberal media" as the root of all your problems. The liberal media is a myth. It might have existed 30 years ago, but now the media is so gun shy about being called biased they bend over backwards to the point they have gone the other direction.

Let's see, the "liberal media" has:
Let Al Gore, who was basically the most honest man in Washington, be branded as a liar.
Let John Kerry, a war hero, be swift boated without a peep.
Let Bush get away with just refusing to answer questions about past drug use and left it at that. Not to mention we still don't know where he was when he was AWOL (well, we pretty much know he was with daddy, but the media just let that go)
There's plenty more examples, but the so-called "liberal media" is dead. You won. Get over it.

Upvote 0
Why do you feel that way, exactly?

I could understand why - even though I support him. He's been quite a polorizing figure and took a huge gamble with 'ObamaCare'. I personally feel he's not been given enough chance yet given that the entire planet seems to be in some sort of fiscal crisis right now, nor have Congress helped. However people like to blame the man at the top when things are bad.

Upvote 0

Just a "tad" of conjecture in there. He was taken out of context with the rights statement. His point was people keep taking away others rights.

Should we also post the list of nutty things Obama and Biden have? They make both Bush 2 and Quale seem like master oraters and omnipotent beings in comparison.

Upvote 0
Just wondering how the same people who ridiculed John Kerry as a "flip-flopper" can rationalize supporting Mitt Romney, who has never held a core conviction that couldn't be changed in the search for votes.

And right wingers, please give up the crutch of whining about the "liberal media" as the root of all your problems. The liberal media is a myth. It might have existed 30 years ago, but now the media is so gun shy about being called biased they bend over backwards to the point they have gone the other direction.

Let's see, the "liberal media" has:
Let Al Gore, who was basically the most honest man in Washington, be branded as a liar.
Let John Kerry, a war hero, be swift boated without a peep.
Let Bush get away with just refusing to answer questions about past drug use and left it at that. Not to mention we still don't know where he was when he was AWOL (well, we pretty much know he was with daddy, but the media just let that go)
There's plenty more examples, but the so-called "liberal media" is dead. You won. Get over it.

It's come to the point the media in attempt to seen as fair would report a politicians claim that the earth is flat as "Politicians debate the shape of the Earth".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones