1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

And... Now my touch response is hampered

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Ashish9, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Ashish9

Ashish9 Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2013
    Male
    India
    This thread is the result of this event. Make sure to read that first.

So, on certain parts of my screen, the touch feedback goes crazy. For example, if I want to remove the app shortcut from homescreen by holding down my finger over it, it just happens to try to switch to the previous homescreen as if I'm swiping my finger in the right direction.

Then, when I'm playing Subway Surfers, on swiping towards right direction, it performs a jump instead [swipe up].

To test the actual problem I used the Picsart drawing app to see exactly where the screen responds to my touch. While drawing random lines, it would automatically activate the menu items on the bottom of the screen and making few figures would become awfully difficult because of the continuously incoming menu options.

So my question is:
    Is this a hardware problem or a software one? Because if this is a software one [which is pretty unlikely to be] then I can get it fixed for free since the warranty hasn't expired.

Or can I fix it by rooting it instead?

Please help.
    Thank you.

Advertisement

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    If its soft/firmware then you could fix it by yourself without rooting but tbh, judging by your other post, i think its hardware, the Digitizer :thumbup:

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

If it's software, a simple hard reset would fix it. If it doesn't get fixed, its the digitizer.