1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Andriod NOOB Email Question

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Jp77, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Jp77

Jp77 Member

I am planning on switching from the Bold 9000 to the Motorola Atrix. I use my phone primarily for messaging (BBM) and email. Can Android accommodate multiple email accounts like blackberry? Is google talk good? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Android Expert

[facepalm]
    Yes, but it can be really finicky.
    I use MailDroid and it works as advertised.
    It was the only way for me to reliably send and receive on my pop3 or my hotmail, or Gmail et cetera.

If you look in the Market, you'll see many email clients available.
    Good luck!

Jp77 likes this.
  3. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert

Probably not apparent to someone coming from a BB but that's more of an email app question than an OS question.

Good is always highly subjective. I don't use it myself.

MailDroid may have been AngryHatter's best option but the above seems to imply that there are no other reliable mail apps on Android and that certainly isn't the case.

4. dylo22

dylo22 Android Enthusiast

Define good? I use google talk. I like it because I have lots of friends on gmail and it does what it suppose to do - be log on 24/7 and people can IM me when ever they want. The app itself is lacking though, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles like other IM clients. If you don't like the talk app, you can always try other IMs in the market.

5. Jp77

Jp77 Member

Thanks for the feedback. I have to admit, one of the reasons why I am hesitant to switch to Android is my love of bbm. I guess my OP shouldve asked if there are comparable Android apps to Blackberry Messanger.

6. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Android Expert

So instead of following me and my opinions around, suggest something better?
    I will not imply, I will state - there is no better option.
    There are OTHER options, but none as good.