• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Andriod UI - what are they thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter what flaw I will point to, you will say you prefer it like that... more clicks are better than less clicks, overlapping double capabilities are better than no overlapping capabilities, etc....

I don't "prefer" it because I don't experience it. If I want directions I fire up Maps, use the search bar and get them. If I was in a car, I'd use Navigate as that's what it's optimised for. Car Home isn't a GPS app, it's a front-end to all the other features optimised for use while driving. If I want to find one of my contacts I use Latitude.... see the difference?

This place is called "Android-Lounge". These are legitimate questions/concerns. There is better chance that Google will take notice if tech writers and bloggers read this and then join in or write about the same things somewhere else, than me just writing an email to some unmonitored mail box.

A better chance than submitting requests/suggestions via the channel(s) that they themselves recommend? That I doubt.

And of course, I'm also being paid to post these things by a large company... I can't give you the name but it starts with an A... OK? So leave me alone people I'm just trying to make a living.

That final comment tells me everything I need to know about your "legitimate questions/concerns", especially as you added it, along with the previous paragraph, after my fellow-mod removed posts as potential flamebait.

/thread

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones