• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Andro A60 Customisation

I've owned the A60 for about 2 months without any significant troubles now......
I'm a big fan of the Metro UI on the WP7 phones,and so I decided to try out a few apps which work on the Andro A60 to make it close to a WP7 experience without slowing it down too much or causing other problems.

ALL THESE APPS HAVE BEEN TESTED BY ME ON MY PHONE.

1. Launcher7 (Free or Paid)
Links -
Free:-h**ps://market.android.com/details id=info.tikuwarez.launcher3&hl=en
Paid :-h**ps://market.android.com/details?id=info.tikusoft.launcher7&hl=en

There are quite a few WP7 launcher apps on the market,but this is the app I prefer to use.You can customise a lot of settings in it,the tiles work properly,but the free version has an annoying ad which is removed in the paid version.If you want the .apk file for the paid version you can always search in the net or PM me for it.

Substitute :-Metro UI (Lite/Pro) <NOT TESTED ON MY DEVICE>

2.Messaging Metro Beta
Link -
Free :-h**ps://market.android.com/details?id=com.zapnus.messaging&feature=search_result

It really brings the WP7 style messaging to the A60.Easy to use,but no MMS support till now (still a beta). Also, if you don't donate you can't delete messages. A workaround to clear memory when needed is to open the original Messaging app and delete the msgs there (It will be auto deleted from Metro Messaging Beta).

Substitute :-None that I know of or have tested.

3.WP7 Dialer - Lite
Link -
Free :-h**ps://market.android.com/details?id=com.futuredreams.wp7.phone&feature=search_result

As it says,it is a dialer app in the WP7 style.Only problem is that I found while activating a prepaid recharge that it does not support numbers beyond a certain length.But phone numbers work just fine.If you want to activate a recharge you can you the original Phone app.

4.WP7Contact (Lite/Pro)
Link -
Lite :-h**ps://market.android.com/details?id=milkmidi.minicontact&feature=also_installed
Pro :-h**ps://market.android.com/details?id=milkmidi.minicontact.pro&feature=also_installed

Very easy to use contact app in WP7 style with integrated FB and Google contacts. Lite version probably has an ad. Pro version does not.

5.WP7 Email
Link -
Lite :-h**ps://market.android.com/details?id=futuredreams.wp7.mail

NOTE : I do not use this app. I have just tested it and then uninstalled it,so I do not know about its ads policy.

Cool, WP7 - like email app for android , working perfect in my A60.

6.Seven+ Calculator
Link :-
h**ps://market.android.com/details?id=com.tombarrasso.android.wp7calculator&feature=search_result

Great app, bringing the simplicity of the WP7 calculator app into our android system.Works like a breeze in my A60.

Now my most favourite one..........:D:D:D:D

7.Ubermusic
Link :-
h**ps://market.android.com/details?id=com.uberdroidstudio.ubermusic&feature=search_result

Yes, this is a paid app. But it is definitely worth the money.Believe me. Once again, you can download the app for free from the internet.Google search is always there. Or you can PM me for the .apk file ;) .

BTW, to get the WP7 look on this app, you can d/l the Metro Ubermusic Skin (h**ps://market.android.com/details?id=com.tcaffrey.metroskin&feature=search_result) , then go to menu in Ubermusic and select Metro skin.

Substitute :- WP7 Zplayer [NOTE- I have not tested this and do not guarantee that it will work on the A60.]

Expected battery life after installing and using these :- 1 day, with some juice still there :cool: , provided you kill other tasks regularly.

BTW I will advise all of those who try these out, to install these apps too :-

1.Statusbar+ Lite (WP7 Status bar, tested and used by me)
h**ps://market.android.com/details?id=com.tombarrasso.android.wp7barfree&feature=search_result

2.Task Manager (To kill unwanted tasks, tested and used by me)
h**ps://market.android.com/details?id=com.rhythm.hexise.task&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5yaHl0aG0uaGV4aXNlLnRhc2siXQ..

3.Easy Installer (To install .apk files, tested and used by me)
h**ps://market.android.com/details?id=mobi.infolife.installer&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm1vYmkuaW5mb2xpZmUuaW5zdGFsbGVyIl0.

I can guarantee that these apps will not make your phone feel too laggy at all.At least mine works perfectly.

So,that's all.....People, comments are invited form your experiences with other apps for WP7 look and feel of the A60. Queries are also welcomed :) .

Also, if anyone can find a working WP7 - like keyboard that works in the A60 then it will be really great :D.

Replace the h**ps with https .Sorry for the inconvenience, but as I'm a new user I can't post links yet.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones