• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 1.5 to 2.0 (or 2.1)

Once HTC release the 2.1 update you will be able to install it using your PC, and it's very easy to do. Nobody locks their phone's software, as far as I know, but you will have to download the update from your operator's website, not HTC's. (Unless you bought an unbranded phone).

Upvote 0
hey im from India , im currently using a European version of the HTC hero 1.5 as the indian one will launch after ages to come ..
I want to know how to save apps on the memory card (8gb sdhc) , and plus increase my internal memory which is only about 165 mb .
please help ! sick of the memory .
And if anyone can tell me more about the 1.5 version of the android , whether its good or bad ... or how i can upgrade it ... ??

Upvote 0
Hi,
I bought an Unlocked HTC Hero from ebay. Earlier it was locked to 3 UK. I am new to Andriod system. I have few questions ion my mind :
1. How to upgrade firmware from 1.5 to latest version ? Its very confusing as this phone is unlocked so from where should i download the latest firmware ?HTC Site or 3 UK or install cutom rom like Modaco...
2. Whether upgrading firmware will lock my phone again to 3 UK ?

Please help..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones