• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android 1.6 Home UI's

2FR35H

Android Expert
Dec 10, 2009
What is your favorite home UI? seeing as you have more choices in 1.6 it gives you a chance to try such home UI's as FreshFace and aHome mini... I still have GDE installed but these other two are pretty good and free.

FreshFace seems a lil laggy though

Still loving GDE with the NexusOne theme. The cube transition effect is so smooth on the latest R7 build from BH_MAN!

snap20100329222126.png
snap20100329223418.png
snap20100329222136.png

Upvote 0
Unless something really groundbreaking hits the market I think ill stick with gde.

I usually use a hero theme, dark wallpaper, beautiful widget (airport one theme), one click widgets color matched, app dock and conversation widget. Right now I am rocking obsidian theme, skeleton wallpaper, normal cube, Beautiful Widgets (digital glass) with one click widgets color and transparency matched of course. I'm digging the fade transition effect on the menus and app drawer too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones