1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android 10

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Eric Parlatore, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Eric Parlatore

Eric Parlatore Well-Known Member

When will Tmobile carriers get the update

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by mikedt, Sep 7, 2019 (3 points)
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Probably around February-April next year. Which is usually the time of year Samsung rolls out latest Android versions for their devices.

ocnbrze and Hadron like this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Yeah, on past form the S11 will be released with 10 and other models will get the update some time after that.

ocnbrze and mikedt like this.
  5. Eric Parlatore

Ok thanks for response guys. Hate they take so long

6. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

They modify the base OS a lot, and often include updates to their own interface with the new major release. So they will always be much slower than a company like Essential or Nokia who make minimal changes. But of course Samsung have had access to android 10 code for months, and are not short of resources, so while they could never match those companies for speed they could certainly be faster than they are if they wanted to be. But I suspect that they've got market research that backs up their timing, e.g. that a new version with their main flagship of the year is better for sales than if it had the same software as the last 2 years' phones have had for 2 months, or even that most people don't care enough for it to be worth putting in the resources to do it faster.

mikedt and Eric Parlatore like this.
  7. Eric Parlatore

i

,,, azad

8. dautley

dautley Android Expert

Samsung should be pushing out the beta in October, I'm not sure what carriers will make it available though.

Eric Parlatore likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus release date was March 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 16MP camera, 8/12GB RAM, Exynos 9820 processor, and 4100mAh battery.

March 2019
Release Date
Reviews