1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

android 11 keener to kill recent apps?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dan55, Aug 3, 2020.

1. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

hi guys,

back on the pixel3 again :D

...might be me but android 11 beta seems a bit keener on killing off recent running apps :/

...could be imaging it :D

shame as that was what i didnt like about the sammy s9

thanks
    dan

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

its not that it is keener on killing recent apps, its th eamount of RAM you have and how much memory an app needs. I have the S20 with it's massive 12gb and it never closes anything, really nice to be able to jump back in right where I was at at all times. Pixel 3 only has 4gb RAM, so I bet that is the different. (S9 probably the same)

3. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

hi - yes think you are right there .... only 4gb ...whats that about :/ :D .... and the s9 likes sleeping stuff too :(
    ...wow! 12gb ... that is v good
    ta

MrJavi likes this.
  4. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

You can argue 12gb is overkill, and it may be. But as Apps get more resource/memory intensive, Android phones with 4gn can struggle to keep up. As an IT guy, the rule is ALWAYS the more memory/ram, the better :)

5. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

:D very true ...never skimp on the memory ... or drive space :D
    cheers

6. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Android 11 is still in its preview stage. Might be better to wait until it's actually released as a finished product before jumping to any conclusions.

7. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

thats true ...hadnt planned to use it right away but ebay phone came with it loaded .....i would miss the new screen shot feature though :)
    ta

8. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

seems like this new a11 'dont close apps' feature could do with some more work :D
    ....doesnt seem to be much better than my s9 :/

...reverting to a10 ....oddly the transfer tool wouldnt work this time from s9 :/ .....or the ol backup :/ :/

assume 2nd was due to it being a11 backup

#8 dan55, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  9. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

...actually the s9 does a better job with same ram imo for recent apps etc ..... crazy .... sacking off the pix3 i think ...... might look at a refurb s10 maybe as that has 6gb

NightAngel79 likes this.

Google Pixel 3 & 3XL Forum

The Google Pixel 3 & 3XL release date was November 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch or 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 845 processor, and 3430mAh or 2915mAh battery.

November 2018
Release Date
Reviews