1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android 11 MMS quality issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrtugboat13, Aug 1, 2021.

1. mrtugboat13

mrtugboat13 Lurker

I had a previous post about this and another issue, but I solved the other issue by getting a new SIM card.

Okay, so I have the Moto G Power on the AT&T network through Straight Talk and ever since upgrading to Android 11 anytime I send a picture regardless of file size using the default Messages app or even Textra, the image quality is compressed majorly. I thought maybe the issue was me switching from an AT&T SIM card to a T-Mobile, but I got a new AT&T SIM card because of how bad my service was with the T-Mobile network. The awful image compression is still an issue despite switching back to AT&T. This was never an issue before the upgrade to Android 11. So by process of elimination, it seems Android 11 is the culprit. I did a google search and it seemed like this was a major issue for Verizon customers with Samsung and Pixel phones after upgrading to 11, but Verizon repeatedly replied in threads to just use alternative messaging apps.

I downloaded the Chomp SMS app and there's no compression issues with that, but it's visually an ugly app in my opinion so if I can somehow get the default Messages app to stop downgrading the image quality, that would be great. I attached two example images and I am aware how big the original image is quite large, but like I said, the compression happens regardless of file/image size and this was just a good example of what happens. There is no settings in the default app to change MMS settings that I can see.

Good.png Bad.jpg

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Dannydet likes this.

Motorola Moto G Power Forum

The Motorola Moto G Power release date was 1 April. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 665 processor, and 5000mAh battery.

1 April
Release Date
Reviews