• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 12 lock screen digital clock numbers too big

In Android 12, how do I change the size of the digital clock on my lock screen. Thanks

• Yes I like Android 12

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • I do like the 4a 5g pixel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Those big numbers on the lock screen are a design "feature" of Android 12. The numbers do shrink if you have an active notification, but otherwise you don't get any control over how the time is displayed.

I'd suggest using Settings > About phone > Send feedback about this device to share your thoughts on this with the developers.

Upvote 0
Those big numbers on the lock screen are a design "feature" of Android 12. The numbers do shrink if you have an active notification, but otherwise you don't get any control over how the time is displayed.

I'd suggest using Settings > About phone > Send feedback about this device to share your thoughts on this with the developers.

Ok.. I will that. Thanks

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
One partial solution: if there's a notification icon on the lock screen, the clock shrinks to a smaller, more normal format. I happen to have an app with a persistent notification, so my clock is always smaller and (to my eyes) easier to read than my spouse's identical phone. Also makes it easier to tell our phones apart!

You might find a weather app or something similar you didn't hate with a persistent notification. I'm not a fan of persistent notifications ... but right now I kind of like it.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones