1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Android 2.1, Facebook and my phone log

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Soulflower, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Soulflower

Soulflower Member

Jul 21, 2010
    I updated to Android 2.1 on my HTC Hero last night. When I go to the phone section, the key pad is at the bottom and above that is the call log/list.

All of my Facebook contacts are listed in that list and I don't want them there.

When I go to People - Menu - View I do not have Facebook checked.

Does anyone know how to get the Facebook contacts out of my call log list? Many thanks!

Advertisement

2. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Facebook app>Menu>Settings scroll down to the bottom and it'll give you options as to what contacts to sync.

3. Soulflower

Soulflower Member

Jul 21, 2010
    When I go to FB app, Menu, Settings - I see (General Settings)Refresh Interval, (Notification settings) Notifications, Messages, Pokes, Friends Requests, Event Invites, Vibrate, Phone LED, Notification Ringtone (Other Settings) Helpful Tip

But I don't see one thing about syncing contacts.

4. zerocool79346

Apr 22, 2010
    I forgot, if you haven't rooted, you're using HTC Sense, I'm not sure how to quit syncing with HTC Sense. Sorry man.

5. Soulflower

Soulflower Member

Jul 21, 2010
    What is root and how do you do it? Sorry, I'm new to Android but thank you for your help.

6. Soulflower

Soulflower Member

Jul 21, 2010
    I did figure out how to remove the Facebook contacts if anyone is interested.

Menu - Settings - Accounts and Sync - Manage Accounts - I removed the Facebook account and it removed all the contacts. Facebook app is still installed and I can still use it, I'm just not syncing the info to my phone.

7. zerocool79346

Apr 22, 2010
    All Things Root (Hero) - Android Forums

Browse through that section. Root is basically jailbreaking in the Android world, it gives you access to a lot of things that you can't have stock, but it is, by no means, necessary to enjoy your phone.