• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.1 MAJOR PROBLEMS with Contacts

ehughes

Lurker
May 19, 2010
I got Android 2.1 OTA last night from Verizon for my Eris. It has completely screwed my contacts. As expected, my contacts vanished when the installation occurred. I then did a Google Sync and contacts started coming back. But they are a total disaster. Some of the most important people (e.g. my mom and husband) are totally missing from the Eris but exist in my Gmail contacts. To make matters worse, when I manually added my mom and husband back into the phone, their contact info vanished from the Eris shortly thereafter.

Some contacts downloaded to the Eris with only partial information such as one of multiple email addresses and no phone information. When I go to these contacts in the Eris to try to edit them, I cannot even get an edit option. For instance, I push the contact info and hold it to get the edit drop-down option and the only option I get is "send contact as vCard." For other contacts (especially those without any issues), I get the full range of options such as "edit" "save" and "delete." For other contacts, I cannot even get a dropdown menu to load at all when I press and hold the contact.

Also, some contacts have two Facebook links listed under them even though only one Facebook account is associated with the person.

I called Verizon and tech support had no idea what the problem was. I have shut down and repowered, I have removed the battery. Now they are telling me that I have to do a hard reset and wipe the phone.

Does anyone know what is going on? Is there any hope for me?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones