• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android 2.1 Update

URGENT HELP!!
I was trying to update the software on my LG GT540 with the LG Mobile Support (from the official web page)..but it stopped on 4% and now my phone does not work.

I tried to update it with KDZ afterwards but I keep getting the same error..(attachment)
Can someone please help me? Thanks..

Attachments

• fail.JPG
    fail.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 36
Upvote 0
URGENT HELP!!
I was trying to update the software on my LG GT540 with the LG Mobile Support (from the official web page)..but it stopped on 4% and now my phone does not work.

I tried to update it with KDZ afterwards but I keep getting the same error..(attachment)

Are you able to put the phone in download mode?

Upvote 0
URGENT HELP!!

My update look like similar. It freeze on 4% but after 30 minutes it start working. Window with "not responding" But on the other forum I read that after this probrem phone go to servise and need to replace motherboard. Definitly you are not the only one, maybe someone solved that.

Upvote 0
Hello All,

I am resorting to this forum in the sheer frustration of trying to find out what goes wrong with the GT540 I so unfortunately selected last December. I only use the phone for short calls and texting - I do not rely on it for anything else. I have never connected it to PC (via USB or WiFi) or connected to Internet Service provided by Phone Service Provider (vodaphone). I have never tried to Update or install firmware, Apps software etc However, the phone constantly suffers from a problem mentioned here and in related Forums run by others - the stuck in "Download Mode" issue, where the only way I can resolve it is to disconnect/reconnect the battery. The Vodaphone Service Technicians are not available to talk to, I have tried contacting them, but I have to deal with a "Service Operator" who was rather puzzled by my requests to "Explain the nature of this problem and what is the standard procedure to fix it". The handset has been back to technical workshop twice and each time they "Updated Software" and more recently "cleaned the contacts". Initially the problem I was having, was rapid battery power draining (needing to recharge every 2 days - even if the phone was not used) but I think this is just a symptom of the "Download Mode" issue. My daughter has exactly the same phone but without the problems.

Regards

John

Upvote 0
tried it.
but now my phone doesn't turn on, recognized by computer or do anything- seems like it's totally dead!
is there anything that I can do ???

Okay, download THIS KDZ updater xda-developers for this one you dont need windows enabler. First install MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser (msxml.msi), second open the KDZ updater and make sure that the type is set to 3GQCT and the PhoneMode is set to DIAG, then browse to the .kdz update file, switch on the phone and connect it to the computer, then click Launch Software Update. IF it doesn't work, switch off the phone and hold the Volume Down button while powering on the phone, it should say on the screen Emergency Mode then connect the USB cable and let the necessary drivers install, once thats done, open the KDZ updater and change the phone mode to EMERGENCY, then browse for the update file and launch the software update. It should hopefully work :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones