• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.1

That is what really turned me off about the Droid Eris. The Droid Eris came out with Android 1.5. And it came out after the Droid which had Android 2.0 installed. I know I can't be the only one thinking that a new smartphone should have the latest version of the OS.

That's what happens when you don't do your research! 1.6 had been out for a while too. You could have said "wait a second...if 1.6 has been out and 2.0 is coming out..and this new phone has 1.5 then maybe I should look into a 1.6 or 2.0 phone."

Upvote 0
don't know about version 2.1 or anything but I have an OTA update today for 1.6 and my Andoid marketplace is now completely different and much easier to use. The old menu had a black theme and the new one is now white which suits my HTC Magic (vodafone UK) quite nicely, thought I'd mention it as the link in the OP stated new marketplace functionality :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones