1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android 2.2.1 wifi.. HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by elsteevo, Dec 27, 2011.

1. elsteevo

elsteevo Lurker

I bought two Elsse tablets with Android 2.2.1 for family members, and these little things look like they have tons of potential! However, they are sketchy as hell when it comes to connecting to a Wifi hotspot. Any advice?

I know my network is good, because there are many other devices on it that connect flawlessly, but the Android 2.2 keeps saying "Scanning", "Authenticating", "Obtaining IP", then it says "Disconnected", and in the lower portion (of available networks) it shows my Network as disabled, even though it is obviously NOT!

To make things worse, I've watched it say "Network not in range" while I was sitting literally inches from the router! I'm about to throw these stupid things out a window! Anyone have some advice? Or did I just waste my money? So far, I'm beginning to think that Android is a crock.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Android Enthusiast

I do not know what the settings look like on the Tablet, but on the phone the other day I was having a terrible time connecting to my wifi. I had to scroll down and enter the password for the network. Then it started working again. Sounds like that is the problem you are having, and on the phone it is not noticeable that you can/should scroll down.