• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.2 and Bluetooth Audio

jlpga

Lurker
Aug 20, 2010
Has anyone else starting experience issues with bluetooth audio since the 2.2 firmware update? I have never had any issues with the bluetooth audio connection with Microsoft Sync in my car but since the update I can't get through a track without drops all over the place. I am forced to connect via the audio cable;then everything is fine. Like I said, I very occasional hiccup before the update; now it is all the time.

After upgrading to 2.2, my BT connection with the Ford Mondeo handsfree system started to randomly drop off.
The connection stays on for couple of minutes and then drops off.
I have manually to disengage the BT from my HTC Desire and then reconnect.
I have to do this each time I want to make an handsfree phone call.

Upvote 0
I have the same issue with Bluetooth Streaming. Had no issues with bluetooth connection prior to update. I am using Pandora and Slacker. The timing of the drop seems random. Sometimes will happen after 5 minutes sometimes 20. After the connection is lost I have to manually reconnect. When I try simply toggling bluetooth on and off the device also does not reconnect. I have tried reseting connection with bluetooth device and soft reseting handset. I have seen a few other posts with people having the same problem, but haven't found a solution. Would prefer not to have to hard reset. I have been using bluetooth streaming since I got the Droid in November 09 with no other similar issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones