1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android 2.2 and DI

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Reaver, May 20, 2010.

1. Reaver

Reaver Well-Known Member

jbdan likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Much like the Droid and Eris saw theres in the 2nd half of the decade....
    These reports can never be trusted. I would not doubt that we wont have it until 2011, htc sucks at updates

zanza likes this.
  3. Reaver

Reaver Well-Known Member

The article has alot of info about 2.2. But, I agree. When I saw the "second half of the year" it's like what year? 2010 or 2011.

4. Bluefab5

Bluefab5 Newbie

Why did I read this article? I'm not a patient person and that article isn't helping.
    Can't wait.

5. Sorbert

Sorbert Member

ya i like how it will have voice dialing over bluetooth

6. zariman

zariman Newbie

The Incredible is already blazing fast, I can't imagine being five times faster o_O

7. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert

We'll all get the update 16 months into our 20 month contract. lol But seriously, I figure if N1 is due to get it in June, that really means end of July 1st 1/2 of August. That means HTC gets it then, they will add their crap on it and dish it to us between Thanksgiving and Christmas. That's OK b/c I love my Incredible enough now to not miss what I don't have.

8. chris61292

chris61292 Well-Known Member

Hopefully someone roots our phone =\ i really want to try out stock 2.2. Pretty sure sense is whats causing horrid battery life..

9. zeke88

zeke88 Well-Known Member

"2nd half of the year", he didnt say what year. there are chances it will be 2nd half year of 2011.

10. Outatime

Outatime Android Expert

+1 SERIOUSLY.

If it's any faster, I won't need a desktop.

11. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday

Does 2.2 improve performance? I'm quite satisfied with the performance from this phone already. By the time 2.2 comes for the Incredible, I'll be preparing to get a phone for Europe (studying there for the next 2.5 years).

12. Roceskt

Roceskt Member

Everything i want on Android is on that update. The wait begins.......:(

13. ionizer

ionizer Member

aside from speed increases, the only one that sounded like hawtness to me was

Cloud-to-device messaging: It's as cool as it sounds. Android 2.2's new cloud-to-device messaging capability means developers can build in Web-based functions that will communicate directly with your phone. So, for example, you could click on a button in a Google Map on your PC and have it automatically open the same map -- complete with driving directions -- on your phone. Not too shabby.

14. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Android Expert

It's a well-accepted convention that when someone says "the [period of time]," they're referring to the one we're in. If you're told that you'll be getting a letter "near the end of the day", they aren't talking about tomorrow, ya dig?

I mean, by your logic, he could have been referring to fifty years from now. :rolleyes:

jayefef likes this.
  15. evilotto

evilotto Well-Known Member

yep not to mention at the actual event they said that most HTC phones will have the update by the end of 2010. of course the naysayers are gonna jump on the word "most" and assume that means all the HTC phones except ours. myself, I am keeping a postitive attitude that we will see this update near the end of 2010.

16. XDaydreamerX11

XDaydreamerX11 Well-Known Member

QFT I totally agree, half the time it's faster than my crap internet anyway.

17. tempur37

tempur37 Newbie

Here we go lol

18. iEcliptik

iEcliptik Newbie

Sick!

19. jayefef

jayefef Android Enthusiast

Enjoy your phones everyone... 2.2 will happen soon enough. 2.1 is still pretty awesome and the DI has only been out for about 3 weeks. I thought you all knew this would happen with Sense running the show... If you wanted the update right away you should have got the N1

20. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Thanks for posting some good times ahead for Androidheads :)

21. wonderbread

wonderbread Android Enthusiast

I was actually pretty impressed that Verizon opted to get Eris updated to 2.1, they had to pay for it and they actually delivered on the promise. I'm happy to hear DI may be in line for 2.2 but with the performance this guy has right now I don't mind the wait

22. Archangel621

Archangel621 Lurker

If it's going to be "second half" of the year, I'd rather just jump to Gingerbread, which Google said would be out in Q4.

23. Akitakoi

Akitakoi Newbie

Once it's rooted can't we just install and use current versions? Do we have to have the Sense UI?

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews