• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.2 and text application

One thing I really really dislike is they made the send button much smaller, so small you can't hit send after typing some text. You have to either hit space twice for an auto period or push period, or just some other input to get rid of the auto word choices, even if you typed it right. 2.1 it was big enough to just hit the send button right under the word choices.

I know you can turn off the word choices, but it just feels like a step backwards.

Upvote 0
One thing I really really dislike is they made the send button much smaller, so small you can't hit send after typing some text. You have to either hit space twice for an auto period or push period, or just some other input to get rid of the auto word choices, even if you typed it right. 2.1 it was big enough to just hit the send button right under the word choices.

I know you can turn off the word choices, but it just feels like a step backwards.

Not sure what you mean. I'm using the stock text messaging app and the send button is plenty big. I tried the three keyboards I have installed and it's the same for all of them.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Another thing I noticed is even if you can hit the send button when the words are there, It will not send. 2.1 can. I guess you just have to get rid of the word choices before sending. Kinda nagging. And the button is def smaller. The bar of words pretty much covers the entire button, whereas in 2.1 the button was taller, and I was able to hit send tapping the bottom of the button.

Upvote 0
Another thing I noticed is even if you can hit the send button when the words are there, It will not send. 2.1 can. I guess you just have to get rid of the word choices before sending. Kinda nagging. And the button is def smaller. The bar of words pretty much covers the entire button, whereas in 2.1 the button was taller, and I was able to hit send tapping the bottom of the button.

Ok, I see the problem. I use Swype or Swiftkey keyboards and they don't have this problem. I switched back to the stock HTC keyboard and it's suggest words cover the button.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones