• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.2 Froyo rolling out for Nexus One Now!

Upvote 0
I have an ATT nexus one and I don't actually think you have to be rooted, just have an unlocked bootloader. I was, but I did it all with a stock recovery.

Basically I found the links on XDA to get the original shipping ROM ERD79, then upgraded to ERE27, and from there to FRF50. Everything worked fine, but it required having a stock Recovery and knowing how to use Fastboot.

I did all this in the hour or so before Paul and Cyanogen packed Froyo for use without the stock Recovery.

EDIT: Since I did it all with fastboot and all images were signed by Google I would guess you could do this with a locked bootloader, but I can't be sure.

Upvote 0
I have an ATT nexus one and I don't actually think you have to be rooted, just have an unlocked bootloader. I was, but I did it all with a stock recovery.

Basically I found the links on XDA to get the original shipping ROM ERD79, then upgraded to ERE27, and from there to FRF50. Everything worked fine, but it required having a stock Recovery and knowing how to use Fastboot.

I did all this in the hour or so before Paul and Cyanogen packed Froyo for use without the stock Recovery.

EDIT: Since I did it all with fastboot and all images were signed by Google I would guess you could do this with a locked bootloader, but I can't be sure.

An unlocked bootloader = rooted.

Have you noticed any issues since you have done this? Is the 3G connectivity problem that TMo users had effecting you or anything like that?

Upvote 0
Update: the phone button started working after the phone had been booted up for a while. It took a little time for the gallery to catch up as well. All is good ......and fast now. I like the update to the predictive text. It has ! ?, @_ as options anytime you hit the space bar. Saves from having to use the shift key.

Upvote 0
An unlocked bootloader = rooted.

actually unlocked bootloader =/= rooted.
unlocked bootloader = ability to flash unsigned roms with super user permissions

I haven't come across the 3g issue yet on Froyo. I have only ever come across it once and that was last week while I was on Cyanogen 5.06.

Things are running smooth as butter with no sense of lag anywhere but the occasional wait while it loads up Nav (which I assume is more data related). I haven't figured out how to move apps to the SD yet, that and missing apps in the market are the only two minor hiccups so far.

Upvote 0
I've updated to Froyo, and it seems to be working great (apart from one or two apps)...
I have noticed though, that a number of Apps are no longer available on the Market for Froyo. Is anyone else having this problem?
Is there some setting for developers adding Apps to the Market, to enable Froyo 'visibility'?
Google has to enable copy protected apps for the new build. They should do this in the next few days. This is common with new handsets and early software updates. Since Froyo hasn't actually rolled out OTA style they must not have flipped the switch yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones