1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Android 2.2 On Tablet wont show many android apps?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thomas2995, Jul 8, 2011.

1. thomas2995

thomas2995 Lurker
    None

Jul 8, 2011
    Greetings all, decided to register as my supplier cannot help me with the tablet gto off him. The tablet i have is a Eken MID, cheap, yes, but brilliant and does everything. On the app market, a few apps show, but nothing popular like skype or google docs is on there, a search resolves in no results. i emailed my supplier and below are the instructions he gave me.

1. Open the Market and press the home button to return
    2. Go to Settings \ Applications \ Manage \ Running
    3. Press "Market"
    4. Press "Clear cache" (do not clear data)
    5. Press "Force stop"
    6. Return to "Settings \ Applications \ Manage \ Running"
    7. Press "Google Services Framework"
    8. Press "Clear Data"
    9. Press "Force Stop"
    10. Start Google Market, it must give an error
    11. Reboot, once back Market should work, if it gives an error it could need another minute to work
    12. Test the access, search Skype on the market, it should return 400+ results including the original Skype and google's apps like maps / streetview / docs and Skype

However, i get to step 6 fine, i am successful with clearing the cache of App Market, (NOT Market). However, when i get to step 7, google services framework isnt in any of the application lists, therefore i cant resolve my problem. any help would be appreciated,

Tom

Advertisement

2. contactpoint

contactpoint Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2011
    Hi Tom,

You only have half the solution. You need to install some additional firmware. It is easy to do, rather like falling off a log. Go to the link below. Firstly follow the instructions on installing the firmware, SECOND follow the Android Market instructions (which you have above) and you should be all set.

Firmware Download for Eken / Tabtech M009S & M010S - Asian Fones Forum

I have done this and it works. You will be able to access the official Google Android Marketplace.

I suggest you search on the site for posts by Wendy, who is a supplier of Eken tablets and helped Roger Calver get the firmware tested on Ekens.

Also, have a look at these places for decent Android apps: freewarelovers.com , handango.com

Best regards,

Gren.