• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android 2.2 Randomly opening apps?

benblb

Lurker
Jun 6, 2010
Hi,
I'm running Android 2.2 on my Nexus One. Applications like Fring, Qik, Slot Machine, Amazon MP3, Shop Savvy, Battery Time Lite, and Settings Profiles Full are opening at random. I'm use the "kill all" widget from Advanced Task Manager every time I put away my phone, but they randomly open. I don't use my phone too much throughout the day, but my battery is close to 50% by the end of the day. It is not a battery problem, however this is my second battery. (I got my first one replaced) My phone is not rooted. Any suggestions?

Any help would be great.

-Ben

Hi,
I'm running Android 2.2 on my Nexus One. Applications like Fring, Qik, Slot Machine, Amazon MP3, Shop Savvy, Battery Time Lite, and Settings Profiles Full are opening at random. I'm use the "kill all" widget from Advanced Task Manager every time I put away my phone, but they randomly open. I don't use my phone too much throughout the day, but my battery is close to 50% by the end of the day. It is not a battery problem, however this is my second battery. (I got my first one replaced) My phone is not rooted. Any suggestions?

Any help would be great.

-Ben

I don't think it's Froyo 2.2 that's doing this for all of the apps mentioned. Amazon MP3 Store was always running in the back ground for me, if I kill it, it'll open again a couple of minutes later. Go into the Amazon MP3 Setting and unselect the 'monitor connection' that allows it to auto start. Is Battery Time Lite a widget or is it beging used to constantly monitor your battery? If so, that explains why it auto start. I don't know about the other apps. ShopSavy doesn't have an auto start feature so don't know why it starts up again when you've killed it. I don't use the other apps...so can't explain those either.

Reactions: benblb
Upvote 0
I don't think it's Froyo 2.2 that's doing this for all of the apps mentioned. Amazon MP3 Store was always running in the back ground for me, if I kill it, it'll open again a couple of minutes later. Go into the Amazon MP3 Setting and unselect the 'monitor connection' that allows it to auto start. Is Battery Time Lite a widget or is it beging used to constantly monitor your battery? If so, that explains why it auto start. I don't know about the other apps. ShopSavy doesn't have an auto start feature so don't know why it starts up again when you've killed it. I don't use the other apps...so can't explain those either.

The task killer is a widget, and when I click it, it kills everything, even its own program. Thanks for the help with Amazon MP3 though. :)

Upvote 0
The task killer is a widget, and when I click it, it kills everything, even its own program. Thanks for the help with Amazon MP3 though. :)

No problem :)

I hope you put system apps on the ignore list when you kill everything : < And if you're using widgets, put them on ignore list as well, no point in killing them as the CPU will just load them back instantly.

Also, if you haven't read why you don't need a task killer with Android OS, this is a good thread: http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks-evo-4g/85554-task-killers-must-read-new-android-users.html

Upvote 0
No problem :)

I hope you put system apps on the ignore list when you kill everything : < And if you're using widgets, put them on ignore list as well, no point in killing them as the CPU will just load them back instantly.

Also, if you haven't read why you don't need a task killer with Android OS, this is a good thread: http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks-evo-4g/85554-task-killers-must-read-new-android-users.html

Thanks! I'm going to try to not use my task manager for awhile and see what happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones