• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android 2.2 Screen Lock

jordonshaw

Jul 13, 2010
Maybe somebody has already posted this; however, I wanted to ask. I upgraded to 2.2 this morning and after I did, it now ask for a PIN to unlock the screen. So, not only do I have to slide the lock over, I also have to enter a PIN. So, I went into settings and was going to turn it off; however, the option to turn off the screen unlock security now says "Disabled by remote phone administrator".

What am I missing here? There has to be a way to turn that off. I can't see how they can force me to use a PIN to unlock my phone.

Thanks,
Jordon

Simply removing the email account and setting it back up was not enough for me. On my phone (samsung intercept), under the location and security settings there is an option called 'Select device administrators'. If I go into that and remove all the administrators I can then go in and set the screen lock to 'none'.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones