• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

android 2.2 update failure

shinrax2

Lurker
May 14, 2011
alright well here is my problem.

I have a Acer Liquid E S100 smart phone and i went to go and update it from Andriod 2.1 to Andriod 2.2 i downloaded the software stright from acers website and proceded with the included instrctions. well the update faild before it even started. I put the files on my sd card and powered down the phone and then held the volume down camra and power button at the same time the phone vibrated and the acer logo came up and then the screen went blank and absolutly notihng happened, i had let it sit for about 30mins. tried it no responce from the power button or any of the touch sensitive buttons on the devie. Now all that happens is i hit the power button it vibrates and the acer logo apears and then the screen goes black with to action,no matter how long the phone sits there it will do nothing,

i have already tried a clean boot to the phone with no sucsees.

anyone have any ideas as to why this happened, is there a quick fix ordo i have to send it into acer?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones