• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android 2.2

A

Android Question

I had an Chinese android car dvd which runs in android 2.2,now the software files has been somehow curropted and after turning it says that process com etc etc stopped working.I can easily access to update option i wanted to download an android os update to android 2.3 to copy on sd card and then to update
Kindly tell me from where to download

Almost certainly there is no update available.

Like any mobile OS, Android has to be built for the specific device. So it's not a matter of locating Android 2.3 (which is still incredibly old - that came out in late 2010) and loading it on your device. Rather it's a matter of locating a newer OS build for that particular Chinese car media player. That will only exist if the manufacturer ever made it, so the first place I'd look is the manufacturer's support site. But unbranded Chinese manufacturers don't often go to the expense of providing updates.

For many Android devices there are "custom ROMs" available, i.e. Android upgrades that have been produced by enthusiasts rather than manufacturers. But these are of course also device-specific, and you will have to "root" the device (hack it to gain administrator access) to install one of these - if it exists, which to be honest I think is very unlikely for a device like this.

Beyond that generic advice there's not much I can say without knowing exactly what model you have. But your best, probably only hope, is to do a web search for information about updating that specific model (we'll only be able to help if somebody happens to know about the particular device you have).

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones