• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.3.1 not rooting

nrkpai

Lurker
May 1, 2011
Dear Sir,

I have a device with gingerbread (android 2.3.1) not able to root with any of the rooting application like Z4root, universal androot, gingerbreak and superoneclick.

Why ? Can anybody let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance
Regards.,
Rama

Guys,

I've relocated this thread for you to this general tablet area.

I didn't just want to drop it off in the A816 - All Things Root - Android Forums since there's no other threads or help in that particular root sub-forum.

You'll find that many Gingerbread devices (tablets and phones) are still very difficult to root, but so if one method doesn't work, another might (but take care to do your reading and research since some rooting methods are a little more invasive than others).

Cheers!
SA

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
Yes!!! I`m root this device finally!!!

I`m use this instructions (mainly):

slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=0&p=40865680

but with one small detail: there was no a folder "/sbin" on the android system disk, so I`m just... create it manually! Then I`m set "owner" and "group" properties of this created "/sbin" folder both as "root" and put "su" application into this folder. All other steps was done exactly as described in the instructions linked above. Done! BusyBox installed soccesfully, superuser updated to v3.0.3.2 and all programs with root abilities works good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones