• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.3 & 4.0 WiFi Internet HD 1080P HDMI Google TV Box ARM Cortex A9 Firmware

Seems that grindinonyourm has the same problem with the cursor and i thought he had the same box as you guys. Indeed i have a different box, which is why im focusing on problems that could be likely general instead of related to my box.

i do have the c03ref 8726-m1 board from visson.

atv-108. old board. and i do get the cursor replacement problem every once in a while. a crash usually precedes the glitch, then i can never undo it.

Upvote 0

atv-108. old board. and i do get the cursor replacement problem every once in a while. a crash usually precedes the glitch, then i can never undo it.

Hmm... can you reproduce that bug every time or it occures only sometimes - random?
If you can reproduce it every time please save log... and post step-by-step how to reproduce it...
- fresh install?
- after some app installed?

On my c03ref 8726-m1 that never happen... I think Stane was unable to reproduce that bug also...

Upvote 0
Hmm... can you reproduce that bug every time or it occures only sometimes - random?
If you can reproduce it every time please save log... and post step-by-step how to reproduce it...
- fresh install?
- after some app installed?

On my c03ref 8726-m1 that never happen... I think Stane was unable to reproduce that bug also...

it never happens on the first reboot after a fresh install, it usually happens after flash crashes in browser, it happens even if i don't install any programs. but it is still kinda random. it doesnt happen everytime in those circumstances..but usually. i will try to catch a log of it if i can.

Upvote 0

That gives me an idea... So, glitch is happening when something changes in osd1/2 layers... Mouse pointer is stored in osd2 layer... I still didn't found where mousepointer is actually loaded, but I think it's good starting point...

Upvote 0
I just upgraded form version "12" to version "21"... i factory reset afterwords... and i had no google apps afterwords.. none. I also couldnt add a google account. I reflashed the new version and still no google apps? Any ideas?

I don't know how do you apply your update, 'cause afaik you don't have atv-108. Gapps are applied to the device with new_patch.zip, and in factory_update_param.aml line --update_patch=/sdcard/new_patch.zip must exist.

Upvote 0
do you mean where mouse is loading from or where it's loading to? from is framework-ser.jar i think, and to is framebuffer, or does android not hardware render the cursor?

To be honest, I didn't really investigate further how mouse pointer is handled, but from what I saw - that pointer params are defined in kernel configuration, it seems that it's loaded by Android and saved somewhere in buffer. Need to find that peace of code...

About microphone, that's the case on my c03 as well, but I taught it was hardware issue (don't ask what kind :)).... Seems that microphone is connected trough usb interface, and usb audio is disabled in kernel because I'm getting compilation errors of kernel if usb audio is enabled... I might be wrong.... Do you have same experience on 06-12?

@Everyone: About EAC3 or DD+, seems to be hardware limitation of audio decoder (same firmware file is used for AC3 and EAC3/DD+)... EAC3 refuses to work on m1 platform. On m3 platform works like a charm...

Upvote 0
To be honest, I didn't really investigate further how mouse pointer is handled, but from what I saw - that pointer params are defined in kernel configuration, it seems that it's loaded by Android and saved somewhere in buffer. Need to find that peace of code...

About microphone, that's the case on my c03 as well, but I taught it was hardware issue (don't ask what kind :)).... Seems that microphone is connected trough usb interface, and usb audio is disabled in kernel because I'm getting compilation errors of kernel if usb audio is enabled... I might be wrong.... Do you have same experience on 06-12?

@Everyone: About EAC3 or DD+, seems to be hardware limitation of audio decoder (same firmware file is used for AC3 and EAC3/DD+)... EAC3 refuses to work on m1 platform. On m3 platform works like a charm...

no microphone on 0612 version either. derp. i really like the voice search feature. i hope it can be fixed..

Upvote 0
did you see my update earlier about no .mpg mpeg2 video playback?

I saw, but don't understand... I have video file with these video parameters and it works:

Code:
ID                                       : 224 (0xE0)
Format                                   : MPEG Video
Format version                           : Version 2
Format profile                           : Main@Main
Format settings, BVOP                    : Yes
Format settings, Matrix                  : Custom
Duration                                 : 2mn 0s
Bit rate                                 : 2 000 Kbps
Width                                    : 720 pixels
Height                                   : 576 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 4:3
Frame rate                               : 25.000 fps
Standard                                 : PAL
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Interlaced
Scan order                               : Top Field First
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.193
Stream size                              : 28.7 MiB (87%)
Can you use MediaInfo extension for windows or any sw like that and post me informations like above for video which is not working for you?

Or upload it somewhere if it's not big....

Upvote 0
my b
Picture_1.png
my ba... mpeg4. h264. oops.

Upvote 0
my b
Picture_1.png
my ba... mpeg4. h264. oops.

That I was going to write.... h264 AVC works just fine for me:

Code:
Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 8 frames
Codec ID                                 : avc1
Codec ID/Info                            : Advanced Video Coding
Duration                                 : 1h 40mn
Bit rate                                 : 1 800 Kbps
Maximum bit rate                         : 9 499 Kbps
Width                                    : 1 280 pixels
Height                                   : 528 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 2.40:1
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 fps
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.111
Stream size                              : 1.27 GiB (85%)
Title                                    : Imported with GPAC 0.4.6-DEV (build 1)
Writing library                          : x264 core 92 r1510 33d382a
Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=8 / deblock=1:-1:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy=1 / psy_rd=0.20:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=32 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=6 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / wpredb=1 / wpredp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=1800 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=24000 / vbv_bufsize=24000 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00 / nal_hrd=none
Encoded date                             : UTC 2010-10-03 17:09:37
Tagged date                              : UTC 2010-10-03 17:14:34
Try to change extension to mp4, file have wrong extension, should be .mp4.

Edit: Complete list of codecs built with kernel:

mpeg1/2
mpeg4
vc1
h264
h264mvc
MJPEG
Real Video
Hardware jpeg decoder

Upvote 0
That I was going to write.... h264 AVC works just fine for me:

Code:
Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 8 frames
Codec ID                                 : avc1
Codec ID/Info                            : Advanced Video Coding
Duration                                 : 1h 40mn
Bit rate                                 : 1 800 Kbps
Maximum bit rate                         : 9 499 Kbps
Width                                    : 1 280 pixels
Height                                   : 528 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 2.40:1
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 fps
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.111
Stream size                              : 1.27 GiB (85%)
Title                                    : Imported with GPAC 0.4.6-DEV (build 1)
Writing library                          : x264 core 92 r1510 33d382a
Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=8 / deblock=1:-1:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy=1 / psy_rd=0.20:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=32 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=6 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / wpredb=1 / wpredp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=1800 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=24000 / vbv_bufsize=24000 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00 / nal_hrd=none
Encoded date                             : UTC 2010-10-03 17:09:37
Tagged date                              : UTC 2010-10-03 17:14:34
Try to change extension to mp4, file have wrong extension, should be .mp4.

Edit: Complete list of codecs built with kernel:

mpeg1/2
mpeg4
vc1
h264
h264mvc
MJPEG
Real Video
Hardware jpeg decoder

nope. changing extension to mp4 did nothing. video seems to load, timer changes, but video never starts and wont play.

Upvote 0
That gives me an idea... So, glitch is happening when something changes in osd1/2 layers... Mouse pointer is stored in osd2 layer... I still didn't found where mousepointer is actually loaded, but I think it's good starting point...

The problem happens everytime there is a major glitch on the system. Im pretty sure you 2 can reproduce if you change the resolution and play with it 2 or 3 times. Happened to me that way, happened in browser and happened last night... when i had the briliant idea to install 3d chainfire to test GPU and get logs. Device goes black after logo, still the cursor becomes a logo. Gonna try to SD card recovery. i have about 700 movies... i dont know if it will help but i will try out some codecs to see what i can get.

Upvote 0
Quick question @stane1983 How can i get the files from ftp://218.17.181.67? seems to be down as its not even respond to ICMP. Or can i just use your firmware instead?

you cannot use this firmware. the ftp in question is an old mesada corp link for the fv1 and fv3. they had another ftp later, see androidforums.com and search for fv3. but this newer ftp link also went dead in the beginning of april...if you have a fv1, i have same question of where to get firmware updates now as i have a mesada fv3. but this is the wrong thread for that.

Upvote 0
you cannot use this firmware. the ftp in question is an old mesada corp link for the fv1 and fv3. they had another ftp later, see androidforums.com and search for fv3. but this newer ftp link also went dead in the beginning of april...if you have a fv1, i have same question of where to get firmware updates now as i have a mesada fv3. but this is the wrong thread for that.

What i have is a ZAP A9 with 8726-M rev 1 on c03ref board.
I found this link as "backup" for this server:
Index of /drivers/Flexiview
im downloading now to see if it works. My device is not hard bricked (yet) but the black screen with cursor problem on Stane's rom is enough to get me stopped, since i have no way of getting into recovery mode, as my box misteriously has no reset button. So i gotta try something.

Upvote 0
What i have is a ZAP A9 with 8726-M rev 1 on c03ref board.
I found this link as "backup" for this server:
Index of /drivers/Flexiview
im downloading now to see if it works. My device is not hard bricked (yet) but the black screen with cursor problem on Stane's rom is enough to get me stopped, since i have no way of getting into recovery mode, as my box misteriously has no reset button. So i gotta try something.

I tried now for 15 minutes switching resolutions between 1080p/720p/576p trying to reproduce mouse pointer error without any luck :(

Can you give me more details about your TV sets, eg. HDMI version or just model no. of your TV.... maybe it has something with HDMI compatibility... I really can't figure it out right now...

Upvote 0
Insignia NS-42L780A12

42' lcd from best buy.

Insignia

also does cursor replacement when connected with HDMI to DVI cable and input into Chimei CMV 946D

Newegg.com - CHIMEI CMV 946D-Silver Silver 19" 2ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 350 cd/m2 650:1

also, try going into development under settings and turn on Force GPU in 2D apps. then restart and see if it does it. that sometimes triggered it for me. sometimes switching to a new monitor or TV would make it happen to. and sometimes after a flash crash in Browser. always after a restart. never in the middle of use would the cursor change.

UPDATE: if i wipe caches and make sure i do a very 'clean' install, e.g. delete cache and data, then cursor problem seems to not happen. let me try to trigger it and i'll try to log it.

UPDATE2: Stane1983, i also tried to do the onclickodex script and use that one website to adjust services.jar, but the oneclickdeodexs script killed the box. had to reinstall fresh.

EDIT: also, external mic port on c03ref doesnt work.

Upvote 0
I tried now for 15 minutes switching resolutions between 1080p/720p/576p trying to reproduce mouse pointer error without any luck :(

Can you give me more details about your TV sets, eg. HDMI version or just model no. of your TV.... maybe it has something with HDMI compatibility... I really can't figure it out right now...

Im using an ACER H274HL monitor. but i had the same problem while connected using video component on a Panasonic plasma TV. Im pretty sure its not related to the HDMI, since it didnt only happened while changing resolution. happened when installed busybox, happened when i played some flash on browser and now that i have installed 3d chainfire too. It happened every time i got the message UI HAS STOPPED.

Upvote 0
Well... the cursor replacement is the least of my problems... im trying sdtools 1.1a and 1.4 with any .bin and .osk i find, on multiple SD cards while in win xp only, and the box still ignores the sd and boots the rom, which goes black afterwords.

Which of your 2 devices doesn't have reset button? Give me the link, I'll try to find manufacturer.... Reset button must be somewhere on pcb....

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones